Giant Cupcake Tin
Let's cut straight to the chase. Quite simply this gargantuan cake tin is the best cake tin you will ever have the pleasure of seeing. Not only is the the Giant Cupcake Tin a cake tin of monumental proportions but it produces a cupcake the correct size for a peckish Giant. How convenient!
Perhaps it’s the child in us but we always seem to hold some form of fascination for miniature versions of big things or huge versions of little things. The Giant Cupcake Tin (and the subsequent Giant Cupcake) very much fit into this bracket!
Whatever the occasion - be it a Birthday a Wedding, or some swanky dinner party, the Giant Cupcake brings a lot of fun and originality to the cake. It creates a massive 3D cupcake for the whole party to share and makes for the perfect centrpiece and talking point. Splendid!
How do you use the Giant Cupcake Tin?
It’s extremely simple! Just take the following steps:
- Fill both sides of the cake tin with cake mix. If you don't have a recipe then you can use ours below
- Bake in the oven until cooked
- Turn out and cool
- Once cooled assemble the top and bottom cake halves with a thin layer of icing
- Add some imaginative decoration. Be creative! The more exuberant the better! Don't forget - send forget to send us your photos
- Dishwasher safe
Chocolate Pound Cake Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups butter softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
Chocolate Pound Cake Instructions:
- Depending on your oven, preheat it to 325°F or 190c or gas mark 5
- Grease and flour the tin to prepare your giant cupcake pan
- In a small bowl, dissolve the instant coffee in water; stir in the cocoa powder and mix well together. Set aside to cool
- Stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside
- In large bowl, beat the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar with (preferably with an electric mixer) until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and mix well
- Combine the cocoa mixture and the sour cream. Add the flour mixture alternately with the sour cream mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating after each addition until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips
- Spoon 4 1/2 cups batter into top of cupcake pan; spoon remaining batter into bottom of pan
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a knife or toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool the cake in a pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Turn the cake onto wire rack to cool it completely
- To assemble the cupcake ice top of the cakes bottom half. Place top half of cake atop iced bottom half
- Decorate as desired
- Height - 20cm
- Diameter - 18cm
- 10 Cup Capacity
Giant Cupcake Tin Customer Reviews
01 March 2013
great product, received quickly and have already made a giant cup cake. fantastic buy. It has inspired me to become more creative , thank you
08 February 2013
Excellent product, does exactly what it says on the tin!!!!!! Thank you
15 January 2013
I didn't realise this didn't come in a box, so not that greatly presented. As it is a present for someone I am yet to see results.
14 December 2012
great size , make a lovely cupcake the whole family was impressed with
12 July 2012
Very good. Easy to use.Results excellent
08 July 2012
Haven't used it yet as it is a cake for an imminent birthday. But delighted with the service, package and super fast delivery! Will definitely buy again.
30 May 2012
Does what it says on the tin (pardon the pun!) - good product at a great price.
09 May 2012
Excellent product - very well made - cake came straight out without any fuss
04 April 2012
Excellent product, but it would be nice if you supplied a recipe with the product.
16 March 2012
This is literally #amazeballs. I can't wait to try it out.