Gliding Discovery Flight
Imagine the wonder of gliding along through the air silently and at speed in a graceful craft; no noise to bother you and able to take in the marvelous scenery beneath you. This will be your introduction to the world of gliding and you may find yourself hooked! This trial lesson will last for between 15 and 30 minutes depending upon the weather conditions and in this time you will be taught how to manoeuvre and turn the glider and might even have the chance to take the controls yourself. This experience makes a marvelous gift for someone who is a little fed up with the usual run of the mill presents.
The activity will take place in a dual controlled glider accompanied by a fully qualified instructor. Upon arrival at the venue you will be given a safety briefing and then off you go! Your glider will at first be towed into the air by a powered aircraft or otherwise winched up to a height of around 2000ft and then released to soar above the beautiful surrounding countryside. The instructor will demonstrate the way that controls of the glider operate and you will be able to have a go at flying it yourself if you wish.
Please note that gliding is totally weather dependent and that therefore it is impossible to predict the duration of your flight because of this, but it should last between 15 and 30 minutes.
All efforts will be made to ensure that you get the safest and most enjoyable flight for the existing conditions. N.B. note that at Denbigh you will be given two winch launches with up to 30 minutes total flying time.
- Clwyd (Wales) - Denbighshire
- Devon (South West) - Umberleigh
- Essex (South East) - Colchester
- Gloucestershire (South West) - Stonehouse
- Norfolk (South East) - Diss
- Northamptonshire (Midlands) - Nr. Hinton in the Hedges
- Oxfordshire (South West) - Banbury
- Powys (Wales) - Brecon
- Warwickshire (Midlands) - Stratford Upon Avon
- Your voucher is valid for ten months.
- This experience is weather dependent you will need to contact your chosen location on the morning of your flight to check that it is still able to go ahead.
- Trial lessons are available to participants over 14 years of age (although anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult). There is a minimum height restriction of 4ft 6” and a maximum height 6ft 3”.
- There is also maximum weight restriction of 15 stones (although the Warwickshire location might be able to accommodate you if you are slightly heavier than this).
- Spectators are welcome.
The Oxfordshire Gliding Club has a specially converted glider to allow the physically disabled to learn to fly - please ask for further details.
Gliding Discovery Flight Customer Reviews
Related products in Flying Experiences
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have an un-answered question about this product? Simply ask us a question and we'll do our best to help.