Haynes - Sewing Manual
If you think sewing is for oldies and stay-at-home-mums; think again. From Cath Kidston to Topshop, all the big brands and the high street helpfuls are breaking out the sewing machines and getting some serious stitches. Now that a double-triple-whipple recession has hit and doesnt seem to be letting go, were all facing that age old problem: do I buy more clothes, or spend the money onelectricity?! Fear not, thanks to Prezzybox you no longer have to live in the dark! Instead of buying high priced garments, go very vintage and create your own! Whether its snipping up bits of different items of your fave clothing and sewing them together to make a completely unique new look, or simply mending an old favourite thats become a littleholey this is the kit for you. Start with the basic kit and techniques, learning how to become the master of your own machine; then make your way up to more intricate things such as fastenings, embellishments, clothing and home furnishings.
Imagine, not only could you make your own fashion fixtures, you could become the next Cath Kidston, or Rocha John Rocha! Use the illustrated, step-by-step project guides to create your own masterpieces and then move on to create your own designs. Whats more, your sewing kit gives you helpful hints and helps to un-jargonise your sewing machine so its all easy to understand and easier to use. No more getting yourself in a stitch!
- Accompanied by illustrated step-by-step projects
- Essential kit: different varieties of scissors, needles, measures, markers, pins and advanced tools.
- Sewing machines: choosing one, the functions and terms, specialist machines, how they work, setting tension, care and maintenance.
- Fabrics: varieties, properties, patterns and preparing for sewing.
- Materials: threads, stitches, webbing, interfacing, wadding and stuffing.
- Techniques: straight sewing, curves and corners, seam allowance, starting and finishing.
- Fastenings: zips, buttons, Velcro, and hooks and eyes.
- Techniques: trims, edgings, pleats, gathers and tucks.
- Embellishment and customisation: embroidery, appliqu, Suffolk Puffs, beads and sequins.
- Clothing and dressmaking: sizing, patterns, darts, hems, pockets, waistlines, collars, sleeves, linings and mending clothes.
- Home furnishings: curtains, blinds, cushions and quilts.
- Step-by-step projects: embroidered napkin set, appliqu phone case, wrap scarf, snap-frame purse, envelope cushion cover, no-pattern skirt and bunting.
Dimensions: 27 x 21 x 1.8cm
Haynes - Sewing Manual Customer Reviews
Related products in Haynes Manuals
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have an un-answered question about this product? Simply ask us a question and we'll do our best to help.