Personalise It - Baby Prints on Canvas
Having a baby is an amazing experience. You carry them with you for months before finally meeting them, then it all seems to go so quickly! Before you know it, they’ll be all grown up. It seems a shame to let that happen without keeping a little something to remember their time with you as a baby.
This is why we’re proud to present to you the Baby Prints set. This little tin will give you everything you need to create adorable prints of your baby’s hands and feet on canvas to treasure forever.
This is a perfect gift for a baby shower, christening or even a first birthday party. It’s a great gift that both the parents and child will love to have and look back on through the years.
Inside the tin you’ll find a welcome letter and leaflet explaining your gift while the Create Your Canvas booklet gives you clear instructions how to create your canvas print. You’ll also find a paintbrush, child-friendly paint, practice paper and a stretched cotton canvas block.
Simply mix up the paint and apply it to your baby’s hands and feet. While the paint is still wet, press their hand or foot firmly but gently onto the practice paper. Once you’re confident that you’ve got the right paint mix and technique, go ahead and print on the canvas block.
When you’re finished, you can write your baby’s name and the date on the block too. To hang the block, all you need to do is rest it on a nail or panel pin hammered into the wall.
Please read our FAQs below for more information on the product.
How long will it take to make my print?
- The estimated time for making your print is 30 minutes. We recommend that you allow time to practice first though!
What is the paint made of?
- The paint contains no harmful substances. The ingredients are:
- 84.7% calcium carbonate (chalk)
- 8.5% cornstarch (often used to make crisps)
- 4.2% EVA (ethylene-vinyl acetate copolymer – widely used to make products such as babies bottles)
- 2.6% carbon black pigment
How do I remove the paint?
- As soon as you have finished making your prints, remove the paint from your child’s hands or feet by rinsing with soap under warm water. The paint is not harmful but if allowed to dry, it could very occasionally cause temporary staining. In this unlikely event, several washes with warm soapy water should be sufficient to clean the skin.
When I practise, the paint is too light. What am I doing wrong?
- You may have diluted the paint with too much water. Use more applications of the paint to create a deeper colour. Alternatively, the paint on your baby’s hands or feet may have dried. Apply more wet paint and try again!
Would the paint stain my clothes or furniture?
- We recommend that your work area is adequately covered by old sheets or towels. If paint does spill onto clothes or furniture wash the area with warm soapy water immediately. It is highly unlikely that the paint would stain.
I have finished – how do I hang my canvas?
- The easiest way to do this is simply to rest your artwork on a pin or tack hammered into the wall. You do not need to attach anything to the canvas in order to do this.
Disclaimer: Every care has been taken to ensure that the paint enclosed is completely safe for children’s skin. In the unlikely event that irritation does occur, seek medical advice. It is recommended that you test a small amount first. Ensure exposure to the paint is kept to a minimum, avoid contact with the eyes and mouth, and ensure that the paint is used only as intended. This product is not a toy and must be used under adult supervision at all times. Neither Gift Republic Ltd, nor any other company supplying this gift will accept any liability in relation to any harmful effects from this product if not used for its intended purpose.